Getting access to PCT Agcloud
Begin using PCT Agcloud
PCT Agcloud is available through our PCT Agcloud Dealer network. It is typically provided as part of a more comprehensive service or agronomic offering. Please connect one of our PCT Agcloud Dealers to discuss available offerings and tailor something that is right for you.
I’m a Grower, how much does PCT Agcloud cost?
This will depend on how your Service Provider (PCT Agcloud Dealer) includes PCT Agcloud as part of their overall offering to you. Please discuss packages and inclusions with your chosen PCT Agcloud Dealer.
I’m a Service Provider, I would like to use PCT Agcloud, how do I start?
We are accepting new dealers and have range of ways you can utilise the power of PCT Agcloud in your business.
Begin using PCT Agcloud
Some ideas on getting started
- Contact us and to setup your account.
- Consider how you will add your Growers, Farms and Fields (GFF)
- – You can manually add and draw your field boundaries in PCT Agcloud. Grower, Farm and Field names are entered manually.
- – You can import boundaries and GFF names from a range of formats – shapefiles from SMS, SST, MyJD, Farmworks and Generic shape formats.
- – You can import boundaries and GFF naming directly from Agworld via the Agworld integration.
- – You can import boundaries and GFF naming directly from MyJohnDeere via the MyJD integration.
- Start adding data
- – Data can be imported directly from Operations Center. You will need a MyJD account and connect this with PCT Agcloud as an integration. Data can then be manually retrieved from MyJD or set to Auto so it will stream Automatically from the Equipment to your PCT Agcloud account.
- – Application Data can be imported directly from Raven Slingshot. A Raven Access Key is required from your Raven account and then data can be imported directly.
- – Satellite imagery data layers can be imported using Satamap as part of PCT Agcloud. Automatic Satellite imagery can be selected so as new cloud free images arrive they become automatically available in your PCT Agcloud account.
- – A C omprehensive range of datasets can be imported via files or URL server links including Soil Sampling, Soil Survey, Terrain, Tillage, Planting, Application, Harvest, Crop Sensing and Planning layers. See our Knowledge base for more details on formats and connections available.
- Once you have your datasets available in PCT Agcloud, you will likely need some further training. Please contact us and we can show you how to use the range of PCT Agcloud tools available. You can also check our Knowledge Base which is accessible from within PCT Aglcoud.
What data PCT Agcloud will accept
PCT Agcloud is capable of handling the majority of formats from all brands of machine.
Ensure whatever you’re uploading is .zip (File Sizes over 100mb occasionally cause issue and may need to be reduced)
These formats are uploaded through the Import tab, and local computer.
– Gen 1 (GSY)
– Gen 2 (GSD)
– Gen 3 (RCD)
– Gen 4 (JD-DATA)
– Full Card structure is required.
– If you downloaded multiple files from myJD, there will be a single .zip with multiple .zip’s inside it. You need to extract the first one. .zip inside a .zip will cause problems.
– Zipping and uploading the folder that has a name like the below image will ensure all data is uploaded
– All ISO formats such as Claas, Topcon, Trimble.
– Whatever the folder is named that the in cab system system creates, that is what you will .zip and upload.
– For example when the USB is entered, it will automatically create a folder called something like S3Jobs. The important thing is that it has .log files with some Mb worth of data, in that folder.
Precision Planting and Climate Drive
-Harvest and Planting
-Zip all Field folders exported from 20/20
-Import zipped folder downloaded from FieldView
-Copy and paste URL link emailed from FieldView into PCT Agcloud
– Harvest only
– .agdata file can be directly imported
– Yield and Application via Slingshot
– Zip Jobs folders
– PCT Data logging software for the DualEM and Geonics EM.
– Upload the .terralogga file itself but zip it first.
– .dat files for EC, pH, and Veris software exports.
Other data formats
– SMS – click here for templates – only use these templates.
– SMS Grid soil – standard CSV export only. (Make Sure there’s a date column)
– SST Export – yield, grid soil, and .sst soilsurvey
– Field Alytics – yield and grid soil only.
– NDVI Shape CSV – your csv or shape file must have a column for Date and NDVI. NDVIR and NDVIG are also accepted.
– Premier Crop – grid soil and yield only.
– Soil CSV and shape – some generic exports will work sometimes. Contact us for help on these.
– Farmworks .xml harvest
Management zones as polygon shape files.
A shape file with a column call “Management” or “ZoneID” will import and create a layer called Management Zones.
Column names “CornYld”, “SoybeansYld”, “CottonYld” will creating there respective yield potential layers
If there are other formats you wish to import, contact your PCT Agcloud representative to discuss available options.
Can I import imagery to use as data
Importing Sentinel Satellite imagery is as easy as turning on the buttons for the data you would like us to deliver automatically to you when its available.
You will find the Satamap option in the Grower Tab in Steup.
Turn on the Satamap retrieval at the Grower, Farm or Field level.
- – For example if only a single field or fields are required these can be selected individually, if all the fields for the farm are required, select the farm in the data tree and turn auto imagery on for the farm.
The interval will determine how often new imagery is desired. It can be set for every 5, 10, 15 or 20 days. Imagery availability will be cloud dependent with cloud affected images automatically filtered out.
The turn off date will set when auto imagery will cease. This is generally set to the end of the season or useful range for the imagery.
Be sure to hit update to save.
Using the PCT Agcloud Tools
At this point you are most likely ready to delve into making all this data work for you and assisting your agronomic and farm decisions. PCT Agcloud gives you the tools to effectively manage your datasets: – Everything from cleaning and correcting data, viewing, comparing and analysing, building and understanding zonal management through to action with performance reports, strip trial build and analysis, prescription creation and management…. and more!
Please review our Knowledge Base within PCT Agcloud, or reach out to us so we can help answer your specific questions.
Using PCT Agcloud API
The PCT Agcloud API will allow integrators to:
- Connect Grower, Farm and Fields to move data back and forth.
- Import, geo spatially locate, clean, filter and cailbrate datasets and return layers all automatically.
- Export data in various formats including converting operation data to ADAPT.
- Create formulas and nutrient based prescriptions.
- Create zones.
- Build various reports, correlate layers and more.
Integrating with John Deere Operations Center™
PCT Agcloud integration with John Deere Operations Center™ offers dealers and their grower customers exceptional advanced tools including:
- – Data cleaning and multiple machine calibrations.
- – Connected fields so data layers are automatically uploaded to Field Analyzer.
- – Send other brand (non John Deere) machine data as an Operation so it works as proper data in Operations Center.
- – The most advanced prescription writing tools, with the prescription ready to send to a machine via Wireless Data Transfer
- – Advanced AB Lines and Field Boundary management.
Integrating with Agworld
If you’re agronomist or grower on Agworld and want to have your data layers in Agworld then this integration is for you.
- Connect field boundaries so layer automatically transfer to Agworld web and mobile apps.
- Transfer prescriptions layers and shape files to Agworld.\
- Use Satamap in field on the app.